Saturday, 25 October 2014

Evidence Of Learning

Are you not convinced that Hammurabi's Code was a big contribution to the Sumerians? If not, I'll convince you more. Today, I'll be telling you about how to code helped the Suzerains, which of the 8 characteristics the tablet has, and compare the code with today's law.

Hammurabi's Code was important because it kept the place peaceful and fair. If the place is peaceful and fair. The code prevented people from being bad and also prevented the strong from taking over the weak. 


Laws then and now have similarities and differences. I'm going to compare 2 laws from Hammurabi's Code with 2 laws from today. This is a law about stealing, before with Hammurabi's code, if you steal something, you get a death penalty. Even if the level of crime is very low. But today's law, if you steal something, the level of punishment depends on the level of crime. As you can see, the law from Hammurabi's code is different from today's law. A lot of Hammurabi's laws has changed, but there are still some laws that have remain the same. This law is about marrying somebody else, with Hammurabi's Code and today's law, without a divorce arrangement, you can't marry someone else. As you can see, both of the laws are the same.

Now are you convinced that Hammurabi's Code was important to the Sumerians? I hope so. I hoped you learned something about how the code helped the Sumerians, and/or the code compared to today's laws. 

No comments:

Post a Comment