Sunday, 26 October 2014

Hammurabi's Code

    This word is a synonym of rules and keeps places safe. Can you guess what it is?... It's laws! A long time ago King Hammurabi created a code of law called Hammurabi's Code and today, I'll be telling you about how it contributed to the development of future civilizations. 

    Out of all the contributions from the Sumerians I have studied, I think that Hammurabi's Code is one of the greatest contributions because without it, people who do bad things see no punishment. 

    After Hammurabi's Code was invented, future civilizations made new laws and improved Hammurabi's ones. The laws kept on changing and now they are what you see today! The laws become the foundation to have justice and fairness in the society. 

    We now see laws in our everyday life. They prevent people from doing bad things because they know that there will be a punishment. 

    As you can see, Hammurabi's invention of laws was a big contribution to future civilizations. I brought a sense of fairness and justice to the community. That's why I think that Hammurabi's Code of laws is one of the biggest contributions from Mesopotamia.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment